Avon Condo Fire Forces Evacuations

AVON, Colo. (AP) – Authorities say thirty people were forced to leave their apartments and one was treated for smoke inhalation because of a condo fire in Avon.

Firefighters say the fire behind a bathroom ceiling fan in an apartment unit was reported at about 5:30 a.m. Sunday. Twenty-two firefighters extinguished the fire at about 7:15 a.m.

Residents were sent to a nearby elementary school where Salvation Army volunteers provided assistance.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Marijuana In Colorado: Talking With Youth

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia