Apt. Fire Started While Thawing Frozen Pipes With Propane Torch

DENVER (CBS4)- Firefighters in Denver rushed to the Aspen Arms apartments at 335 Sherman Wednesday afternoon. They said someone started a fire while trying to thaw frozen pipes with a propane torch.

The fire started in the laundry room and spread to two apartments. One unit suffered so much damage, it is uninhabitable. No one was hurt in the fire.

The fire started about 3 p.m.

Firefighters are not sure if the apartment manager or contract employee working in the building is responsible for starting the fire.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Misty Geonetta says:

    I live in this building but left to stay with relatives after the fire…does anyone know what is going on? Or when we can go back?

  2. Kevin says:

    Live here also. If you weren’t too close to the laundry room, you should be OK. There was a crew here working on smoke damage, still lingers a bit though. Everything is supposed to be back to normal tomorrow, except for the damaged unit and those close to it. And, of course, the laundry unit.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

NEWS TEAM
Send A News Tip

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia