Man Dies Of Bacterial Infection After Eating Oysters In RestaurantHealth officials say the customer was exposed to a bacterial infection known as Vibrio vulnificus and died just two days after visiting the Sarasota eatery.
CDC: Stop Going Into Hotel Pools And Hot Tubs With DiarrheaCDC officials say that over 27,000 people have gotten sick because of water-related pathogens since 2000.
Heavy Drinking Could Increase 'Bad' Bacteria In Mouth, Study FindsPeople who drink more than the recommended daily limit of alcohol may harbor an unhealthy mix of bacteria in their mouths, a new study suggests.
Bathroom Hand Dryers Spray Feces Particles On Your Hands, Study SaysResearchers say the machines which are designed to blow hot air on you are actually sucking up feces particles and spraying them onto your hands.
Antibiotic Resistant 'Nightmare Bacteria' Spreading In U.S., CDC WarnsInfections of this kind are "virtually untreatable with modern medicine," CDC Principal Deputy Director Dr. Anne Schuchat said in a press briefing on April 3.
High Levels Of Fecal Bacteria Found At Popular Spring Break BeachesOver a dozen popular beaches have tested positive for high levels of fecal bacteria according a website run by the Texas General Land Office.
Trendy 'Raw Water' Can Reportedly Give You Hepatitis, Other DiseasesA new health craze that has many people paying high prices for unfiltered water is also reportedly putting those Americans at risk for diseases like hepatitis and norovirus.
MRSA Infection And The NFL: Daniel FellsReports say New York Giants tight end Daniel Fells has undergone five surgeries for the treatment of a MRSA infection in his foot, with doctors now concerned that the next step may be an amputation to save his life. CBS4 Medical Editor Dr. Dave Hnida reports on how this aggressive bacteria can be devastating to even the strongest and healthiest people.
6 Reasons To Remove Your Shoes At The DoorAside from the snow and winter debris you may unintentionally drag into your home, there are a multitude of reasons to kick off your shoes at the door.
Bacteria Usually Found In Hunting Dogs Making Its Way To Smaller City BreedsVeterinarians are encouraging dog owners to vaccinate their pooches against a health threat that normally doesn't pose a problem for city dogs.
Rabbit In Fort Collins Tests Positive For Dangerous BacteriaA rabbit has tested positive for tularemia in southeast Fort Collins.
Bacteria Closes Swim Beach At Chatfield State Park The Swim Beach at Chatfield State Park is closed because of bacteria.