Toxic Cloud Caused By Hawaii Volcano Lava Emerges Over OceanWhite plumes of acid and extremely fine shards of glass billowed into the sky over Hawaii as molten rock from Kilauea volcano poured into the ocean, creating yet another hazard from an eruption that began more than two weeks ago: A toxic steam cloud.
Volunteers From Colorado Help Volcano Evacuees In HawaiiThe American Red Cross of Colorado and Wyoming has sent volunteers to help shelter people evacuated due to the volcanic eruption in Hawaii.
Red Cross Volunteers From Colorado, Wyoming Cancel Trip To Help Volcano Victims In HawaiiThe American Red Cross of Colorado and Wyoming will no longer be sending volunteers to help people in Hawaii affected by the erupting volcanoes. The trip has been canceled.
Red Cross To Install Smoke Detectors In Hundreds Of At-Risk HomesA working smoke detector is the first line of defense in a fire, and the American Red Cross is working to make sure neighborhoods are prepared.
Wildfire Nearly Contained, Evacuees Allowed To Return HomeThe American Red Cross responded to Chaffee County where a wildfire burned along County Road 339, southwest of Buena Vista.
12 People Displaced From Fire That Torched Multi-Family HomesNeighbors escaped a fire that tore through town homes in Denver on Saturday.
Video Shows Smoke Pouring From Burning HomeWitness video shows smoke pouring from the basement of a burning home. Over the weekend, the family in Denver’s Park Hill neighborhood lost their home.
80-Year-Old Woman, Family Displaced By House FireA family in Denver’s Park Hill neighborhood lost their home after flames broke out in the basement.
American Red Cross Preparing For Heroes SoireeThe American Red Cross is preparing for their annual Heroes Soiree, honoring a handful of local heroes.
House Fires On The Rise Attributed To Bitter Cold SnapThere were more house fires across the nation in the first few weeks of the year compared to the year before.
Resident Rushes To Get Mom With Cancer Out After Apartment Fire Breaks OutA family is out of their home after a fire at an apartment complex near 3550 S. Harlan Street late Monday night.
Fire Rips Through Apartments Overnight: 'We Grabbed Our Dog And Ran'Dozens of residents of an apartment complex in Lakewood were displaced by a fire overnight.