Raetta Holdman joined CBS4 News in 1988 as the 6 a.m. producer. In her decades, she has produced various newscasts throughout the day as well as as events such as Election Night coverage, candidate debates and Broncos victory parades along with many breaking news events as well as severe weather coverage ranging from blizzards to floods.
She is a graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Journalism with a degree in Broadcasting and a degree in economics from the University’s College of Arts and Sciences.
Raetta is a native of Missouri who often vacationed in Colorado as a child, including just missing the Big Thompson Flood because a change in plans took the family from Estes Park to Colorado Springs. When the opportunity arose to move to Denver from Florida, she leapt at it and never looked back.
She is the mother of two amazing children and a completely astonishing grandson.
Just The Facts
• Postion Newscast Producer
• Year Hired 1988
• Most memorable guest Omar Sharif
• Role model Jane Pauley
• Dream job Powerball winner
• Job would you never attempt Anchor
• Alma mater University of Missouri-Columbia
• Star Sign Scorpio
• First TV appearance Mizzou cut-in anchor, 1986
• First newscast Hands Across America
• Favorite story/event World Youth Day
• Hidden talent Ability to relate anything in entertainment world to “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”
• Hometown Richland, Missouri
• Number of kids 2
• Number of pets 1
• Hobbies Reading
• Favorite author Elizabeth George
• Favorite musicians P!nk, Imagine Dragons
• Favorite food Carpaccio
• Favorite vacation spot Backyard with a good book
• What one word best describes CBS4 Team
• Least favorite household chore Cleaning fridge
• Favorite word Indeed
• Favorite sound Little kids giggling
• Least favorite noise TV tone
• What keeps you in Colorado? Family
• What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken? Having children
• Who would play you in a movie? Janeane Garofalo (though it’d be great if Lisa Edelstien did!)