Connect with Matt on Facebook
Follow Matt on Twitter
Send Matt An Email
Colorado native Matt Kroschel is an Emmy award winning journalist with a career that has followed some of the nation’s biggest stories.
Kroschel’s career has taken him across the country, where he chased tornadoes in Alabama, and covered wildfires on the Western Slope of Colorado.
Kroschel joins CBS4 as the station’s Mountain Newsroom Reporter. He is based in Frisco, but you can expect to see him anywhere news is breaking in the mountain region.
Kroschel grew up in Chaffee County, along the banks of the Arkansas River. He attended Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction. Kroschel started his reporting career with CBS in Grand Junction where he became well known for his unique take on issues happening in the community.
While working with the CBS station in Huntsville, Alabama, Kroschel covered crime and breaking news extensively. He worked with a team to create a documentary following the lives of several community members connected to the Boys and Girls Club. The story earned Kroschel his first Emmy.
Just The Facts
- Position: Mountain Newsroom Reporter
- Year hired: 2015
- Alma Mater: Colorado Mesa University
- Dream job: I watched CBS4 growing up in Salida and from age 6 I knew THIS was the dream!
- Star sign: Leo
- First TV appearance: KREX TV 2010
- Hometown: Poncha Springs, Colorado
- Number of siblings: One younger sister
- Number of pets: My pup #Noah (yes the # is part of his legal name)
- Favorite vacation spot: New Orleans
- What one word best describes CBS4: passion
- Least favorite household chore: Washing dishes
- Least favorite words: moist, flee
- Favorite music: Mumford and Sons
- What keeps you in Colorado? This is my state, I love the people and stay for the views.