Dago Cordova joined CBS4 News in 2015 as a part-time writer. He later took a full-time producer position, working mornings, then weekend evenings, before taking his current position as a digital line producer for CBSN Denver. He helps stream live conferences, cuts up clips of the show and edits new content that plays in our 24/7 streaming site. Dago has helped with coverage of the Broncos Super Bowl and victory parades, Presidential debates, local and national elections, and breaking news as it happens. That includes everything from snow and severe weather to tragic shootings.
He graduated from Northern Illinois University in DeKalb, IL with a Journalism major and took his first job as a morning news producer in Colorado Springs in 2012. He was also on-air, producing his own sports highlights segment and participating in fun segments.
Dago had never been to Colorado until he moved in for that first job. Growing up in Illinois, it didn’t take long for him to suffer from altitude sickness, but he is well acclimated now. He instantly fell in love with the view of the mountains and never gets tired of seeing them. He also doesn’t worry about getting lost on Colorado’s Front Range because the mountains are always due west.
Dago is a diehard Chicago sports fan but also roots for the home teams. He wants to see the Rockies, Nuggets, Broncos, and Rapids succeed in the playoffs and beyond!
Just The Facts
• Position: News Producer
• Year hired: 2015
• Alma Mater: Northern Illinois University
• Why I am a journalist: I want to keep the public informed and give them something to talk about.
• Most memorable interview: David Mickey Evans, director of “The Sandlot” (I showed him my PF Flyers and he signed the shoebox.)
• Dream interview: Michael Jordan
• Role model: My dad
• Dream job: Working for the Chicago Cubs production or web team
• Job you would never attempt: Play-by-play announcer (I would show my fan bias.)
• First TV appearance: 2009 at the Northern Television Center as a news anchor
• Favorite stories: Anything with Make-A-Wish kids or donations helping people in tough times
• Hometown: Mundelein, IL
• Hobbies: Checking out food spots, going to concerts, movies, and sports
• Favorite food: My mom’s. It’s all Mexican.
• Number of siblings: 2
• Number of pets: 1
• Favorite sports team: Chicago Cubs
• Favorite author: Stephen King
• Favorite noise: The crack of the baseball bat after a big hit
• Least favorite noise: Rogue smoke detectors
• What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken? Moving to Colorado without knowing anyone and without a car
• Who would play you in a movie? Michael Pena