By Jennifer McRae

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (CBS4)– A 4th of July barbeque is blamed for starting a fire that damaged two townhomes in Centennial. The fire started near South University Boulevard and Highway 470.

(credit: CBS)

South Metro Fire crews say the two townhomes were seriously damaged. Firefighters say the fire spread from a propane grill and during the investigation they discovered a damaged gas meter with gas flowing freely from it.

(credit: CBS)

Fire crews were able to cut off the gas supply and get the fire under control.

(credit: CBS)

Jennifer McRae