MORRISON, Colo. (CBS4) – A fireplace is believed to have caused a fire at a home in Morrison on Sunday night. West Metro firefighters responded to the home on Canyon Vista Drive.
Investigators say the family was using the fireplace to help warm the home, in addition to a furnace.READ MORE: Golden Cancer Patient Calling On State To Include More Patients In Next Vaccine Phase
The fire traveled upward between studs in the wall and spread horizontally.READ MORE: 'They Left Her For Dead': 14 Year Old & 18 Year Old Charged With Woman's Murder On Colfax
“This can sometime occur in older homes where settling and shifting over time has degraded masonry or joints,” officials said.MORE NEWS: Weld County Joins 'Meat In' Day Supporters Following Polis' Controversial Announcement
The family, which has two dogs and two cats, are okay, but are displaced.