CENTRAL CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Two Central City firefighters were laid to rest on Friday. Cody and Shelby Allen died of carbon monoxide poisoning last week in their home. Investigators said the couple’s death was accidental.

(credit: family of Cody and Shelby Allen)

READ MORE: Teen In Critical Condition After Being Shot Following Argument Near Aurora Restaurant

Loved ones gathered for a procession on Friday morning from the Gilpin County Fairgrounds to Flatirons Community Church in Golden. The family released the following statement to CBS4:

“Our family is touched by the outpouring of support for Cody and Shelby. The support means we had to make the very difficult decision to limit the funeral at Flatirons Church to only family and first responders.”

(credit: family of Cody and Shelby Allen)

Gilpin County arranged two large theater screens at the fairgrounds for friends and loved ones of the couple to listen to the memorial service through their car radio. Members of the community lined the procession route to show their support for the family.

READ MORE: Judge Rules David Lesh Used National Lands Illegally To Promote Outdoor Apparel Company

(credit: CBS)

“As most of you know they loved their community, their family and their friends. They were both very independent and when a task was at hand, they just got it done,” said Shelby’s stepfather during the service.

(credit: family of Cody and Shelby Allen)

MORE NEWS: 'A Lot Of Damage Can Be Prevented': Volunteers Prepare CalWood Fire Burn Area In Boulder County For Another Fire Season

Anyone wanting to make a donation in memory of the fallen firefighters can mail checks to:

CENTRAL CITY VOLUNTEER FIREFIGHTERS FOUNDATION
P.O. Box 175
Central City, CO 80427