DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – A brush fire caused some tense moments in Douglas County late Saturday afternoon. It was caused by an electrocuted bird.
South Metro Fire says the bird was electrocuted on a power pole and then fell to the ground where it started the brush fire, fire officials say. Firefighters were able to stop the flames before any homes were damaged.READ MORE: COVID In Denver: Businesses Consider Proof Of Vaccination Status
MORE NEWS: 'Guys Have A Badge On And It's Like They Run The World': Subject Of Violent Aurora Police Arrest Wants Change
Update – Several acres burning north of War Bonnet Trl. Structure protection in place and firefighters are working on containment. No injuries reported and no structures damaged. @AuroraFireDpt is assisting. Updates to follow. pic.twitter.com/mRs3neJ36bREAD MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Is Another Relief Payment Coming Soon?
— South Metro Fire Rescue (@SouthMetroPIO) August 1, 2020
The flames burned about 4 to 5 acres just north of Warbonnet Trail which is northeast of Parker. Crews will monitor the area for hot spots the rest of the weekend.