DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – A brush fire caused some tense moments in Douglas County late Saturday afternoon. It was caused by an electrocuted bird.
South Metro Fire says the bird was electrocuted on a power pole and then fell to the ground where it started the brush fire, fire officials say. Firefighters were able to stop the flames before any homes were damaged.READ MORE: COVID In Colorado: Counties Prepare Local COVID Dials As State COVID Dial Is Set To Expire
MORE NEWS: Marijuana Delivery & Consumption Clubs Closer To Being Approved By Denver City Council
Update – Several acres burning north of War Bonnet Trl. Structure protection in place and firefighters are working on containment. No injuries reported and no structures damaged. @AuroraFireDpt is assisting. Updates to follow. pic.twitter.com/mRs3neJ36bREAD MORE: GoFundMe Set Up For Brad Brubaker's Family, Victim In Denver Highland's Crash
— South Metro Fire Rescue (@SouthMetroPIO) August 1, 2020
The flames burned about 4 to 5 acres just north of Warbonnet Trail which is northeast of Parker. Crews will monitor the area for hot spots the rest of the weekend.