DENVER (CBS4) – A plane headed to Newark, New Jersey, from Eagle, Colorado, was diverted to Denver International Airport on Sunday afternoon. United Airlines officials say more than one passenger became disruptive and had to be removed.

United officials tell CBS4 the flight landed without incident. Law enforcement was there as it landed.

The flight re-departed for Newark about 30 minutes later.

At least one passenger claims a passenger was making unreasonable requests after they were seated next to someone who was coughing and sneezing.

United Airlines says this “was in no way a medical situation.” Later airline officials told CBS4 one passenger was sneezing due to allergies and was evaluated on the plane. They did not have a fever.

While that passenger was allowed to fly to Newark, the disruptive passengers were removed.

The FBI is investigating because this situation happened mid-flight. It’s not clear if any charges will be filed.

Comments (19)
  1. Steven says:

Not sure either way but does having allergies mean that you cant get Coronavirus too? Just asking because the airline could not test for Coronavirus and it seems the incubating period without symptoms is anywhere from 5 to 14 days and the infected person can pass it on. The airline must have deep pockets if there onboard tests prove to be just junk science. At this point if you’re sneezing and coughing you have no business boarding public transportation of any kind without wearing a face mask.

2. Harry says:

If you’re not paranoid by now, then you haven’t been paying attention.

3. Acgogo Acgogo says:

I have seasonal allergies, too. But, I simply take an allergy pill and the sneezing is gone. It’s only polite to not travel when you are sick. I don’t care if it is for “business.” Your business can wait. Your health and that of others is more important.

4. Sam Green says:

What should have happened was the airline should have given the person coughing a facial mask, and then that would be that. My mother has had a tough year with respiratory issues and sometimes has a coughing fit.

I keep lots of emergency medical gear and despite the thousands of miles between us, I mailed my mother some n95 and N100 masks so that if she has a bout of coughing, she can put others at ease. Its sad that the USA and most countries have a shortfall of masks, when people hoard these things it affects us all.

I actually had a case of 3M Aura masks, I’ve given most away for free while jerks are selling these $3.99 masks for over $100 on Ebay and Amazon. The time to buy emergency food, medicine and other essentials is long before the trouble is at your front door.

5. Spring Tiger Fan says:

I know I sneeze on planes when some snowflake claims they need their purse rat as a social companion. But its my job to be sensitive to their needs.

6. nueone says:

Letting sick people fly… and they wonder why the planes are empty !

7. Роберт Фиэлдьс says:

Death Flight COVD19 to the dead state of NewJersey … is NOW boarding ! Goodluck!

1. Rob Vee says:

You won the Internet today!

8. Margaret Z. says:

Michael
    I hope the next time you are in a public setting such as a restaurant, grocery store, etc and you sneeze or cough more than a few times that you are not asked to leave…people need to get a grip.

1. dajhilton says:

I think you need to be more considerate of other people who don’t want to share your germs rather than defending your right to cough and sneeze in public places. You’re the one who should get a grip — on some strong tissues and disinfesting wipes — instead of lecturing others

9. Kevin C says:

These crazy people will just get more and more crazy. Their paranoia and irrationality has just been bottled up waiting for a reason to come bursting out. This virus is proving to be that reason.

10. RTC says:

Panic caused by the FAKENEWS media fear mongering.

1. Given that the medical community has confirmed there IS such an issue as COVID-19, how is caring about the spread of a pandemic virus an issue that it is “caused by FAKENEWS”? What news media was making it fake? Specifics, please, not just claiming “ALL OF THEM.”

11. Darrel says:

We need to start enforcing 1 year, 5 year, and lifetime no fly lists for disruptive passengers. Length to depend on the actions of the disrupters.

1. Michael says:

Why? Why did they let a sneezing person on board? What makes a 1 year ban vs a 5 year ban vs lifetime? So you are just supposed to sit there all cooped up next to a person that isn’t sneezing once or twice – but obviously has something going on.
      Give me a break. I would have been a bit vocal as well.
      Darrel – your comment is ridiculous.

1. Anthony says:

Michael, you would have set there and said nothing. You’re one of those people with strong thumbs from typing and nothing much more than that. Continue to hide behind your keyboard. Idiots like you dont realize that there are 10,000 other reasons a person might cough or sneeze and it has nothing to due with COVID-19. Instead people like this clown got thrown off the flight for acting up,while the person that sneezed continued on the flight.

2. Kevin C says:

Sneezing? People sneeze for a myriad of reasons. Only a fraction of a percent is from someone with coronavirus.

What would you do with all these deadly sneezing people? Throw them in a camp?

Quit being part of the paranoid crazy. Inform yourself.

3. Phil Rose says:

Michael; Did you even bother to read the article or listen to the video? It was allergies. Last time anyone checked allergies are not contagious. The disrupters were probably drunk.

1. Amanda says:

If I had a $ for every time I heard that someone had allergies when in fact they were sick I would have a lot in the bank.