DENVER (CBS4) – Four days after an armed robbery and shooting, a Denver police detective is now out of the hospital. The detective, identified as Mike Felsoci, was shot when he intervened in the armed robbery at a Circle K near 80th Avenue and Kipling Street.

(credit: CBS)

Officers celebrated Felsoci’s departure at Denver Health on Saturday.

READ MORE: Drinks & Dinner On The Beach? Changes At Boulder Reservoir Upset Neighbors

“It’s important to us that we show that support and that we’re here for him and his family as a whole,” said Deputy Chief Barb Archer.

Mike Felsoci leaves Denver Health (credit: CBS)

The suspect, Samuel McConnell, was arrested on Wednesday after police say he robbed the convenience store in Arvada and a Winchell’s shop the day before.

“He (Felsoci) took some very bold brave actions to interrupt that crime. That’s what police officers do. we step in take action and try and take control of things,” Archer said.

READ MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Is Another Relief Payment Coming Soon?

A blue alert was issued to help find McConnell.

(credit: CBS)

“Somebody that is willing to fire on a police officer is a danger to this community, and we want to make sure this individual is apprehended as quickly as possible and as safe as possible,” said Denver Police Chief Paul Pazen on Wednesday.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation issued the blue alert which is used when a police officer is missing seriously injured or killed in the line of duty and the suspect is on the run. The federal government allowed its use in 2016.

Samuel McConnell

Samuel McConnell (credit: Arvada Police)

McConnell was caught hours later in a parking lot of an apartment complex near 83rd and Sheridan in Westminster. He is being held on a $1 million bond and police say he confessed to the crime. He tentatively faces charges including robbery and attempted first degree murder, and is also suspected in an armed robbery in Erie.

MORE NEWS: Reps. Crow & Neguse Introduce Legislation To Ban Use Of Ketamine During Arrests

(credit: CBS)

Felsoci has been with the Denver Police Department for 14 years.