By Rick Sallinger


JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– A so-called “pot bus” went up in flames last week and a molotov cocktail was found inside. The investigation into what happened continues as well as the search for suspects.

Dab Space Station molotov cocktail pot bus fire

(credit: Madi Love’s)

Ryan Skidmore owns “Dab Space Station” a mobile cannabis party bus. He said in the middle of the night on Nov. 4, he woke up to flames outside his home in the Applewood neighborhood in Jefferson County.

The West Metro Fire Department is not prepared to call it a case of arson, but Skidmore is sure it is.

Dab Space Station molotov cocktail pot bus fire

(credit: Madi Love’s)

The bus was on fire. Investigators later found the molotov cocktail inside. Skidmore rented out the pot party bus to drive people to concerts and other events.

“It could have been somebody against cannabis, religious, doesn’t like the bus. We’ve had a lot of hate since the bus has been sitting here,” he said.

Lakewood police at first said it was not a crime, and an electrical fire occurred. A nearby business however got video of someone torching the bus and driving off.

Dab Space Station molotov cocktail pot bus fire

(credit: Madi Love’s)

“Once it was light we could see more, a screwdriver and two molotovs in floor boards.” Skidmore explained.

A bong used for what’s called “dabbing” concentrated marijuana extract survived the fire.

Mary Karl is a housemate with Skidmore and says her cat woke her when the fire broke out.

“I hope police take this more seriously so we can find out who did this,” she said.

“In the cannabis community people think we are just stoners don’t do anything,” Skidmore said.

Nothing was stolen from inside the bus.

Dab Space Station molotov cocktail pot bus fire

(credit: Madi Love’s)

If West Metro determines that the fire is arson, Lakewood police will investigate.

Dab Space Station molotov cocktail pot bus fire

(credit: Madi Love’s)

Skidmore argues they help charities and provide relaxation, but now this smoking business has gone up in smoke.

Out of this fire has come a GoFundMe page to raise money to replace the bus, but some neighbors are complaining that the time to get the charred bus out of the area is now.

Rick Sallinger

Comments

Leave a Reply