FORT COLLINS, Colo. (CBS4) –  Firefighters rescued five people from a burning house in Fort Collins. The blaze started at around 7:30 a.m. Sunday near Riverside and College Avenue.

foco house fire 1 poudre fire authority fb Cigarettes To Blame For Sunday Morning House Fire

(credit: CBS)

Crews climbed to the top of the home to rescue three people stuck in the attic. Investigators say improperly-discarded cigarettes ignited the fire.

foco house fire 2 poudre fire authority fb e1540767990101 Cigarettes To Blame For Sunday Morning House Fire

(credit: CBS)

foco house fire 3 poudre fire authority fb e1540767998263 Cigarettes To Blame For Sunday Morning House Fire

(credit: CBS)

A total of eight people were displaced. No one was hurt.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s