THORNTON, Colo. (CBS4)– Fire officials say fireworks started an apartment fire late Monday night in Thornton.

An apartment building at 10211 Ura Lane in Thornton, near 104th and Pecos, went up in flames late Monday night.

(credit: Thornton Fire Dept.)

When crews arrived, flames were seen shooting from the first floor to the third floor.

One resident told CBS4 that the fire was so hot it melted his weightlifting equipment.

Thornton Fire officials say three juveniles were taken to the Thornton Police Department for questioning, but no one is in custody and as of Tuesday afternoon, no charges were filed.

Three people were rushed to the hospital.

(credit: Thornton Fire Dept.)

Three units were damaged and all 15 units in Building 9 were uninhabitable. Residents will be displaced for another day.

(credit: Thornton Fire Dept.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s