By Rick Brown
The Denver Broncos (7-3) head into this week’s matchup with the Kansas City Chiefs (7-3) with only one player ruled out for Sunday’s game. A calf injury to long snapper Casey Kreiter is severe enough that he will miss the game on Sunday. In place of Kreiter, the Broncos signed Thomas Gafford. To make room on the roster, Denver cut NT Darius Kilgo. Other than this roster move, the week has been relatively quiet and the Broncos defense will be getting back key players.
The defensive line should be getting Derek Wolfe back from injury. Wolfe has missed one game after suffering an elbow injury during the matchup with the Oakland Raiders (8-2). The Broncos hope the return of Wolfe will help shore up a rush defense that is ranked 29th in the league. Aqib Talib is also expected to play after missing the last three games with a back injury. His presence in the secondary will definitely help Denver as they prepare for the Chiefs.
Notable Chiefs’ Players Will Miss Important Divisional Game Against The Broncos
Dee Ford (hamstring), Jaye Howard (hip) and Jeremy Maclin (groin) have been officially ruled out for Sunday’s evening game with the Broncos. The Chiefs’ defensive front may be a little thin due to Ford and Howard’s injuries, but they still have two great pass rushers in outside linebackers Tamba Hali and Justin Houston. The remaining seven players listed on the injury report are all expected to play.
After missing last week’s match up with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-5), Marcus Peters has practiced every day this week and is expected to play. While Derrick Johnson and Dontari Poe did not participate in Friday’s practice, they are both expecting to play come Sunday. The Chiefs’ defense looks to be getting healthy and will need these players to create game-changing plays on defense.
Denver Broncos Injury Report
- (LS) Casey Kreiter (Calf) – Did Not Participate In Practice
Kansas City Chiefs Injury Report
- (LB) Tamba Hali (Knee) – Did Not Participate In Practice
- (LB) Derrick Johnson (Achilles) – Did Not Participate In Practice
- (DB) Steven Nelson (Neck) – Did Not Participate In Practice
- (DB) Marcus Peters (Hip) – Full Practice
- (DL) Dontari Poe (Back) – Did Not Participate In Practice
- (DL) Kendall Reyes (Knee) – Limited Practice
- (RB) Charcandrick West (Concussion) – Full Practice
- (LB) Dee Ford (Hamsting) — Did Not Participate In Practice
- (DL) Jaye Howard (Hip) – Did Not Participate In Practice
- (WR) Jeremy Maclin (Groin) – Did Not Participate In Practice