DENVER (CBS4)– A kitchen fire forced out customers from the Cherry Cricket on Wednesday evening.

The fire started in the kitchen of the popular Cherry Creek restaurant at 2nd Avenue and Clayton Street.

READ MORE: 'Complete Revitalization': Silverthorne Makes Progress On Four Street Crossing Development
Firefighters rushed to a kitchen fire at the Cherry Cricket on Wednesday night (credit: CBS)

Firefighters rushed to a kitchen fire at the Cherry Cricket on Wednesday night (credit: CBS)

Everyone inside the restaurant had to evacuate, including a couple who was on their first date.

“We haven’t got a chance to pay the bill yet but…” said the young man.

READ MORE: COVID In Colorado: State Launching At Work Vaccination Program
(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

“We’re very willing to pay the bill, we were talking about maybe we can call tomorrow because they had put the check on the table but we hadn’t paid for it yet so we are very interested in paying the bill,” said the young woman.

Crews were able to put out the fire within 20 minutes of arrival.

MORE NEWS: Victims Identified In Colorado Springs Mass Shooting At Birthday Party

No one was hurt. There was minimal damage to the restaurant.

(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)