DENVER (CBS4) – Investigators say a man who hit and killed a woman on Colorado Boulevard was going 134 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone.

The crash involving four vehicles happened last month.

Tyler White (credit: Denver Police)

Tyler White (credit: Denver Police)

The suspect, Tyler White, ran from the scene and was found at City Park where two fishermen reported he was naked and dancing on a statue in the middle of the lake.

(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

One person was killed in a deadly hit-and-run crash at Colorado Blvd. & I-70 on Monday night (credit: CBS)

CBS4 talked to White in jail. He admitted to the crime saying he was just “being stupid.” He said he just moved here from Tennessee to get a fresh start and has been staying with friends. He says he was driving downtown to check out the city when the crash happened.

“I killed somebody and I ask for forgiveness,” he told CBS4.

White admits he was speeding when the cars crashed on Colorado Boulevard. A woman driving a Prius was killed.

He told CBS4 last month, however, he wasn’t driving as fast as police now claim.

“I was going 90 miles an hour,” White said.

WEB EXTRA: SUSPECT SPEAKS FROM JAIL:

White says he smoked pot a few hours earlier, but did not feel high.

“I wasn’t high at the time when I was driving,” said White. “It was already out of my system; it wasn’t like I was stoned driving.”

Detectives are trying to figure out how White got to the lake in City Park where he was found. Denver police spokesman Lt. Rob Rock said they believe he walked away from the crash scene on foot, but it’s also possible he was picked up by another driver.

White says he remembers the crash, even waking up, but says he thought he was dead. Brice asks, “Do you remember how you got there (City Park) or why you didn’t have your clothes on?”

“I really don’t know,” says White. “Something just took over me, told me to go there.”

White says he never mean to kill anybody. “I just hope that the family forgives me and I’m sorry about this,” says White.

He’s scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday.

Comments (104)
  1. For those who have any doubt about who to vote for tomorrow, you need to read what was found in the Wikileaks Podesta emails. Search YouTube for Podesta Pizza or Spirit Cooking. Clinton and everyone around her are pure evil. This is not just about saving our country but it is literally a war against the principalities of darkness.

2. Free room and board for a few years…A bullet to the dome would be justice…Unfortunately the system is called “The Criminal Justice System”…Lawyers are very exact in their use of words and language…If it said “The Victim Justice System” perhaps real justice would be served..

What have we become? What have we chosen to be?

3. Wally Lind says:

Just give him to the family.

4. He’ll never want for another meal, will never have to worry about rent. Probably will continue to have drugs available. Might have to adjust his sexual preferences. At the mercy of justice on the inside.

5. Ah, the poster boy for marijuana.

6. He wasn’t driving 134 mph, he was driving 90 mph in a 35 mph zone? Oh that’s better! NOT! Then you flee the scene of the accident, and are caught dancing naked with a statue in a lake. Oh sure the marijuana was not affecting you! The next time some IDIOT tells you Marijuana is a victimless crime, remember this moron and the innocent woman he killed.

7. Draw & Quarter the s.o.b. “in public as a deterrent”!!

8. Pothead! Didn’t know whether he was coming or going… and how fast he was going there.

9. Lol @ all these idiots whining about pot when alcohol kills 10000000x more. But keep sucking up to big daddy govt to tell you what you can and cant put in your body. This is a cultural (racial) problem not a drug problem. Obviously there are laws against driving under the influence, rec pot didnt change that.

10. he took the h-ill-ary defense… “i didn’t intend to do to wrong….”

11. Rich Bolles says:

I am going to be a Lib Demo-Commie Zombie for just a few seconds – Legalize Pot.

12. If you see a wild animal like this, best kill it before it kills you.

13. Don Pape says:

How much do you want to bet he is crazy like a fox? You messed up? Act crazy and get a lighter sentence. Stripping naked and jumping in a lake seems just a bit off doesn’t it? I don’t buy this for one second.

14. Sig Ma says:

He din do nuffin. Dem poe-lees be raysis!

15. Fred Garvin says:

Dancing naked with a statue in the middle of a lake. How is that drug culture coming along for you Denver ? Party on.

16. They can’t jail him that’s Obama’s son, he was just turning his life around, was a good boy, his rap game was gaining potential, he had a 3.0 common core state penitentiary GED.. and
    ” He Din Doooo Nuffins!”

17. Blacks are only 13% of the US population, but commit 65% of the VIOLENT CRIMES in America:

When is the mainstream-media going to expose this NATIONAL EMERGENCY … ???

18. He was just starting to turn his life around, and pursuing his Olympic aspirations.

19. Tony Smith says:

My moral superiority tells me to forgive him, set him free, and allow him to repeat this innumerable more times. Hell, I’m so superior to all of you that I suggest we use Affirmative Action to give him a high position of power in our government–he sure fits the bill as a preferred class under the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

20. MF Luder says:

oh now hes sorry. death penalty

21. and…no one notices a pattern…..

22. “I killed somebody and ask for forgiveness.”
    The depth and the scope of the culture rot that produces this is hard to capture with mere words and difficult to overstate.

23. You know if he didn’t intend to cause any harm then he should be fine….Right Hillary?

24. Pete Dosado says:

He said he was sorry! Let us legalize pot and actually all narcotics so that he wont be charged with a crime! And going 90 mph in a 35 mph zone will be forgiven by a fellow Liberal judge who also likes weed!

25. Walt Horning says:

Colorado voters killed this woman, by letting pot be legal.

26. They need to fry him instead of letting him live out his life on our taxpayer money.

27. Libs hooked on weed…what did you expect?

28. Peg Conroy says:

TSTL. LOCK HIM UP. Heck, I’d flip the switch.

29. With a name like “Tyler” I expected a white dude.

30. what an absolute PIECE OF TRASH

31. Doug Day says:

I know! Let’s legalize weed…oh, wait…

32. Ed Carroll says:

He should request Comey’s FBI investigate him, after all there was no intent so why prosecute.

33. He’ll do it again. And, again.

34. It wasnt 134 only like 90 or something…. OH OK in that case its ok

35. The good news is that he already voted for Hillary by absentee ballot.

36. So only doing 90 mph instead of 135 mph in 35 mph zone somehow makes it okay? A*****e!
    He should not be allowed to breed.