THORNTON, Colo. (CBS4) – Fire destroyed a home in Thornton Sunday afternoon but the man inside made it out safely.

Firefighters say the fire started outside the double-wide trailer in the Friendly Village complex near 100th Avenue and Zuni Street.

READ MORE: When I See A 50% Chance Of Rain In The Forecast, What Does That Really Mean?

Aa propane tank near the blaze launched and landed two blocks away.

READ MORE: Colorado Weather: Monsoon Storms Return Sunday, But Focus Shifts A Bit West
(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

The owner of the home was out of town but her nephew Luis Solano was there. He told CBS4 the fire spread so quickly he escaped with just the clothes he was wearing.

“Within the first 10 seconds I was gone that whole porch was caught,” Solano said. “If I had been even a minute longer I probably wouldn’t have been able to get out.”

MORE NEWS: Boat Ramps Closed At Three Western Slope Reservoirs, Closures Expected At Blue Mesa As Water Level Drops

Firefighters are still investigating how the fire started.