DENVER (CBS4) – The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure comes to downtown Denver Sunday, Sept. 27, and with it some road closures.
The following streets will be closed starting at 4:00 a.m. Sunday and are expected to reopen by 11:00 a.m. the same day:
- Federal Boulevard: from West 14th Avenue to West 23rd Avenue
- Auraria Parkway: from I-25 to Speer Boulevard
- 7th Street: from Walnut Street to the Pepsi Center
- Colfax Avenue: from Federal Boulevard to I-25
- Mile High Stadium Cr. West: from Decatur Street to West 20th Avenue
- Southbound I-25: complete ramp closure at Colfax Avenue
- Northbound I-25 ramp to westbound Colfax Avenue
While public transportation may be the best way to make it downtown Sunday, the meters will be free for those who choose to park along the streets. Once those fill up, be prepared to pay for parking in downtown parking garages.