DENVER (CBS4) – Fall colors, crisp air, and comfort food have arrived! In addition to cider, autumn drives, and apple pies, the season of beer is here.
Oktoberfest takes place in September for a full 16 days, and kicked off in Denver on September 18. There is still another weekend to enjoy Oktoberfest, and what better way than to gather friends for beer and German food.
To complete the festivities, we’ve picked some quintessential Oktoberfest dishes that will no doubt compliment the beer. Sure, some include beer as an ingredient, but this is Oktoberfest after all.
1. Soft Baked Bavarian Pretzels – This recipe is surprisingly easy, and soft pretzels are a guaranteed people-pleaser. Don’t forget the mustard!
2. German Beer Cheese Soup – Yeah, wow. Exactly what it sounds like, this soup is a creamy one. Plus you get to pick which beer to include.
3. Bratwurst Sliders – No German celebration is complete without bratwurst. This idea combines the classic flavors with a concise way to eat them.
4. Spaetzle – The German equivalent of mac n cheese, fully homemade. Yum.
5. Pumpkin Float – If you’re somehow not stuffed to capacity and desire dessert, this is it. It’s as easy as pouring your favorite pumpkin ale and dropping in some vanilla scoops. Then the toppings…
Have a recipe of your own? Share it in the comments!