CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (CBS4) – A Colorado State Patrol trooper who was injured in a high speed chase through the Denver metro area was set to testify on Friday afternoon in the trial of Ryan Stone.

Stone, 28, allegedly stole an SUV with a child inside in Longmont in March 2014. Copter4 followed as Stone drove into the Denver area and was seen carjacking two other vehicles during the morning rush hour.

(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

The chase covered 75 miles and finally ended in Lone Tree where Stone was taken into custody. The chase went on for 1 1/2 hours with speeds exceeding 100 mph.

Ryan Stone (credit: Douglas County Sheriff's Office)

Ryan Stone (credit: Douglas County Sheriff’s Office)

Stone faces 26 charges, including attempted murder for the injuries caused to Bellamann Hee.

Hee arrived Friday morning at the Douglas County Courthouse in what appeared to be good spirits. He was hurt during the chase while he was on foot on a roadway trying to lay down stop sticks to stop Stone. Hee wound up getting clipped by the minivan Stone was driving at the time. The impact sent him flying over a guardrail.

Hee said he thought he cleared the guard rail but then heard a thump and a crack, as if you were at a Rockies game, and then was lying in the snow. He didn’t know he was hit and tried to crawl back to continue doing his job but another trooper stopped him.

Hee said that’s when he saw his own boot on the other side of the guard rail and did not know whether his foot was attached or not.

Before his testimony, Hee gave a CBS4 crew a brief hello Friday morning at the courthouse in Castle Rock and then went into a private conference room.

Bellamann Hee outside the courtroom on April 24, 2015. (credit: CBS)

Bellamann Hee outside the courtroom on April 24, 2015. (credit: CBS)

During testimony Friday morning prosecutors brought out a jacket officials say Stone was wearing when he led police on the chase.

Law enforcement experts also spoke in court about the different crime scenes they investigated after the chase.

Bellamann Hee being struck during the chase (credit: CBS)

Bellamann Hee being struck during the chase (credit: CBS)

One of the more troubling photos shown during Friday morning’s presentation of evidence was what appeared to be black scuff marks on the gold minivan Stone was driving. The scuff marks reportedly came from the black boots Hee was wearing when he was hit.

Hee still has not regained the full use of his leg. The diagnosis is that in four to five months he may be able to go back to full duty trooper work.