DENVER (CBS4) – Last month former Broncos lineman Mark Schlereth called the current Broncos O-line “worse than bad,” “horrendous” and “sickening,” and graded them as below an F.
Plenty of former Broncos players have crossed the line from player to analyst on both the national (Shannon Sharpe, Terrell Davis) and local (Reggie Rivers, Joel Dreessen) level. So who’s next when his playing days are complete?
9. Peyton Manning – I included the QB on the list because he would be good at it, but for some reason I don’t see it in his future.
8. DeMarcus Ware – Like Manning, Ware is always good at talking Xs and Os during his interviews with the media and has a good on-camera presence.
7. Julius Thomas – A future Shannon Sharpe? He would need to become more opinionated (and louder) but speaks well and is charismatic.
6. Aqib Talib – He’s not long-winded when he speaks to media, but has a personality and is memorable. I could see him as a Deion Sanders type on a pre-game show. (Talib is a regular on a local radio program already).
5/4. Demaryius Thomas / Rahim Moore – Current co-hosts of the Thursday Night Football Blitz on CBSDenver.com, both have become very natural in their roles (although Broncos fans certainly hope they aren’t done playing anytime soon).
3. Terrance Knighton – Seems to enjoy talking football with the media and, like Schlereth, seems like he would be an analyst willing to criticize former teammates (something some former players shy away from).
2. Emmanuel Sanders – Very well spoken and enjoys talking football. Likes the cliches, but don’t we all? Also, already a regular on local sports shows.
1. Chris Harris – Loves the cameras. Harris is the only Bronco who walks into the locker room and asks if anyone wants/needs to interview him. Harris is also out-going, energetic and upbeat, and would have plenty to say as an analyst.
[display-posts category=”broncos” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”10″]