MEEKER, Colo. (AP) – Moffat County authorities say one hunter has died and two have been taken to a hospital in a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning in northwestern Colorado.

Moffat County Sheriff’s Lt. KC Hume says investigators believe the men were using a heater inside a tent after temperatures on Sunday dropped below zero.

READ MORE: Testing For COVID Ramping Up Again In Colorado

RELATED: Search Resumes For Hunter Missing Near Fraser

READ MORE: Vaccination Rate Keeps Colorado Hospitals Out of Jeopardy

Hume identified the dead hunter as 78-year-old Lonnie Anderegg. The injured included 53-year-old Lonnie Anderegg Jr., and 53-year-old Jack Humphrey. Hume said all three were from southern California, but their hometowns were not available.

The hunters were camping a mile north of Meeker, about 150 miles west of Denver.

MORE NEWS: Gov. Jared Polis To Request Federal Disaster Declaration For I-70 Mudslide Damage Through Glenwood Canyon

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)