DENVER (CBS4)– Firefighters in Denver are hoping with the cooler temperatures that homeowners and renters will take precautions to protect themselves form a potentially deadly gas.
The Denver Fire Department is raising awareness about carbon monoxide poisoning and the importance of having a working carbon monoxide detector at home.READ MORE: Testing For COVID Ramping Up Again In Colorado
“Especially if you’re talking about somebody who is sleeping at night, you’re not realizing that these things are going on and with that, because you don’t know, you have these symptoms at that point in time, it can be very fatal,” said Denver Fire Dept. spokesman Mark Watson.
The Denver Fire Department is teaming up with First Alert to provide detectors to people who need them but may not be able to afford buy a detector.READ MORE: Vaccination Rate Keeps Colorado Hospitals Out of Jeopardy
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES Provided by the Denver Fire Department:
At the request of the Denver Fire Department, First Alert is making many of its fire safety products available at a 20 percent discount via its online store only from October 8 through Saturday, November 15.
Visit firstalertstore.com/DenverDiscount and enter the coupon code, DenverFD.MORE NEWS: Gov. Jared Polis To Request Federal Disaster Declaration For I-70 Mudslide Damage Through Glenwood Canyon
More information about the dangers of carbon monoxide can be found at firstalert.com.