By Mark Haas
DENVER (CBS4) – Here is a list (in alphabetical order) of the best* Colorado high school mascots.READ MORE: Stimulus Check Latest: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming?
*best = creative, unique, comical
1. Alamosa Mean Moose – Are moose mean? I like to think moose are friendly, but a mean moose is a good mascot.
2. Brush Beetdiggers – Dwight Schrute would be proud.
3. Colorado Rocky Mountain Oysters – No comment necessary.READ MORE: Change To Level Clear Is 'Exciting For Everybody' At Denver Museum Of Nature And Science
4. Fort Collins Lambkins – I went to FCHS so I had to include the lambkins. What is a lambkin? Common answer is a baby lamb, but isn’t a lamb already a baby sheep?
5. Lyons Lions – Maybe not creative, but what else would have been better? Honorable mention to the Bear Creek Bears.
6. Rocky Ford Meloneers – The picture says it all.
7. Standley Lake (Westminister) Gators – It’s not like there are a lot of Tigers, Pirates, Trojans, or Spartans in Colorado and that hasn’t stopped high schools from using those mascots, but Gators in Colorado? Why not.MORE NEWS: Daniel Montano Jailed In Pueblo For Kidnapping, Beating Woman Days After Arrest For Allegedly Assaulting Her In Denver