DENVER (CBS4) – Less than 24 hours after the Miami Heat were defeated by the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA Finals it looks like former Denver Nugget Chris “Birdman” Andersen has decided he will check into his options as a free agent.
Of course, Nuggets fans are now wondering if there’s a chance the Birdman will spread his wings and fly back to the Mile High City.READ MORE: Shooting At Aurora Apartment Complex Injures Mom And Child Inside Unit
PHOTO GALLERY: Looking Back: Chris ‘Birdman’ Andersen Through The Years
He already left the Nuggets and then returned once. Could it happen again?
Would the Nuggets benefit from having a big man coming off the bench like Andersen to snatch some rebounds and dish in a few points? That’s not clear. But when CBS4 posed that question on Facebook, there were a whole bunch of comments, both in favor and opposed. Here are the Top 8 comments that were posted:
8. Only if he brings Karl back with him. – Matt Bowles
7. As long as he doesn’t drag that &#$%*& LeBron here. – Don HornerREAD MORE: Parade, Concerts & More: Juneteenth Celebrations Underway In Denver
6. No. Build younger, and model after the team concept of San Antonio. – Larry Johnson
5. Nooooooooo! He’s horrible! – Jose Unpowe Villa-Valdez
4. Why would he even consider coming back after the way the media drug him through the mud and then the Denver Nuggets in all of their wisdom bought into the media BS and he was let go If he has any pride at all he will not even consider the nuggets. – Todd Eubanks
3. If no one even knows the back story of his alleged allegations, don’t even go there. The girl was of age according to Colorado law. There was a huge finding that it was an internet hacker who caused all the bs. Chris is a great player and if he wants to come back to the Nuggets, then let him! – Eryn Rivkin
2. Chris brings so much energy, passion and toughness to a team… love to have him!! – Boston DaveMORE NEWS: Lightning Sparks Over 20 New Wildfires In Extreme Southwest Colorado On Friday
1. Yes,I miss running into him at Starbucks, in Castle Rock!!! – Ann Molner