WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain about 80 percent of a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova says crews expect 100 percent containment by late Monday.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities hope to lift all evacuation orders late Monday.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Caution Urged As San Juan National Forest Hit By Wildfire Reopens
- San Juan National Forest To Re-Open After Fire Danger Ends
- ‘It Gave Us A Chance’: New Video Shows Relentless Attack On Buffalo Fire
- All Mandatory Evacuations Lifted For 416 Fire
- Evacuation, Pre-Evacuation Orders Lifted For Some 416 Fire Residents
- Flash Flooding Feared As 416 Fire Continues To Rage
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)