TELLURIDE, Colo. (AP) – Authorities in southwestern Colorado say they have discovered a suspected home hash oil operation after responding to a dog-bite call.
San Miguel County Sheriff Bill Masters says a deputy went to a home outside Telluride on Tuesday after a man was bit in the crotch by a pit bull. He said the deputy saw butane bottles, several trays of suspected hash oil and some other possibly hazardous materials.READ MORE: Charges Dropped In Grand County Bar Fight After Detectives Review Video
Deputies and firefighters requested a search warrant to re-enter the home. It’s uncertain whether any charges could be filed because authorities are divided over whether the process is illegal or not.
The butane can create fiery explosions, posing a risk to makers of potent hash oil as well as their neighbors.READ MORE: A-Basin Gets The Go-Ahead For Improvements That Include Lenawee Chairlift Replacement, New Restaurant Space
The man was bleeding heavily and taken to the hospital.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Hash Oil StoriesMORE NEWS: Amache Incarceration Site In Colorado Could Become New National Park
[display-posts tag=”Hash-Oil” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”7″]