COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) – The fire department that first responded to a wildfire that killed two people in the Black Forest community last year says it will publicly discuss the findings of a review of how it reacted to the blaze.

Black Forest Fire/Rescue District officials have scheduled a news conference for Wednesday afternoon.

READ MORE: After Audit Reveals More Colorado Unemployment System Fraud, Some People 'Still Fighting' For Payments

The fire started in June northeast of Colorado Springs and destroyed 486 houses.

El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa has criticized Black Forest Fire/Rescue Chief Bob Harvey’s handling of the blaze.

READ MORE: Denver Weather: The First Snow Of The Season Should Arrive Friday, Seven Weeks Late!

Black Forest Fire Chief Bob Harvey, left, El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa, right

Black Forest Fire Chief Bob Harvey, left, El Paso County Sheriff Terry Maketa, right (credit: CBS)

Harvey and Dave Fisher, an investigator who compiled the report on the response, will discuss an executive summary of the report at the news conference.

Black Forest Fire/Rescue spokeswoman Kathy Russell says agency officials haven’t decided whether or how much of the report will be made public.

MORE NEWS: No Charges For Colorado Man Who Sent Anonymous Letters, Pictures To School Board Members

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)