AURORA, Colo. (CBS4) – An explosion that rocked an apartment in Aurora on Saturday sent the two men living inside to the hospital for burns.
Firefighters rushed to the apartment located in the 4500 block of South Hannibal Street.
“I was just sitting in the living room and I heard this boom. I look out the front window and I see this guy’s curtains hanging out the window and I say, ‘something’s got to be wrong,’” said neighbor Eric Mortag.
The explosion blew the apartment’s windows out of their frames and the apartment suffered major damage.
Police said butane involved in cooking hash oil is what may have exploded.