DENVER (CBS4) – Colorado GOP leaders have confirmed to CBS4 Political Specialist Shaun Boyd that they are bidding for Denver to host the 2016 Republican National Convention.
The GOP leaders believe Denver has a good shot at landing the convention since the city has experience with such an event. Denver hosted the 2008 Democratic National Convention where then-Presidential candidate Barack Obama received the party nomination.
If Denver is chosen the city and state of Colorado’s economy could benefit much like it did with the Democratic National Convention.
More 2008 Democratic National Convention Stories
- Denver Withdraws From 2020 DNC Bid
- Denver Has A New Competitor In The Bid For 2020 DNC
- Hickenlooper: ‘Disappointed, Relieved’ At Not Getting V.P. Nomination
- Hickenlooper Hits Trump On Economy At DNC
- Colorado House Leader At DNC: Net Worth Doesn’t Define Americans
- Trump’s Aggressive Play For Blue Collar Voters A Big Topic At DNC
- Colorado Delegate Attends DNC With Blindfold For Unique Protest