DENVER (CBS4) – Denver’s Union Station is nearly completed and there’s a new addition waiting for reservations.
The Crawford Hotel will offer visitors a place to rest their heads in the upper floors on the north and south areas of the station.
The redevelopment includes more than 110 rooms in the upper floors. Some of the rooms are classic hotel rooms, while others are called “loft” rooms and will be decorated with art from Colorado artists, reflecting the state’s history, including the current make up of LoDo.
“These are loft rooms inspired by really the urban neighborhood, LoDo, and really the whole idea of a real loft feeling unit. Very, very unique,” said Walter Isenberg, the president and CEO of Sage Hospitality, who is leading the construction.
The Crawford Hotel is named after Dana Crawford, an urban preservationist and a partner in the Union Station redevelopment. She has spearheaded preservation efforts in downtown Denver for more than 30 years. She said she gave into a persistent Isenberg to have the hotel named after her.
It’s set to open next summer.
More Union Station Stories
- Police Arrest Two More RTD Contracted Guards In Passenger Assault Case
- Security Guard Contracted By RTD Arrested For Allegedly Attacking Passenger
- Affordable Condominiums Going Up Near Union Station Come With Qualifications
- Get Ready For More Affordable Housing Near Union Station
- RTD Train Drives Over Person Lying On Tracks; Person Not Hurt
- Facebook Making A Move In Mile High City