DENVER (CBS Denver) — Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow is not the only one who thinks God helps him on the football field.

According to a national telephone survey conducted by Poll Position, 43 percent of people believe that “divine intervention” is responsible for his success compared to 42 percent of people surveyed who think that God has nothing to do with Tebow winning.

Breaking it down into demographics, the Poll Position survey shows that 52 percent of people in the 18- to 29-year-old age range believe that supernatural powers help Tebow, while about 48 percent of people aged between 45-64 believe the same.

Hispanic fans also feel that a holy power is helping the Broncos quarterback as 81 percent of those polled believe God is behind Tebow, compared to 59.5 percent among blacks and 38 percent among whites.

Among party affiliation, 54 percent of Republicans polled believe God is helping Tebow while 48 percent of Democrats think there is no divine intervention going on.

The poll surveyed 1,076 people.

Quarterback Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos prays on the field prior to a game against the Chicago Bears at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Dec. 11, 2011 in Denver, Colo. (credit: Justin Edmonds/Getty Images)

Comments (360)
  1. Mobile phone booster says:

Fantastic items from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff prior to and you’re just too wonderful. I actually like what you’ve bought here, really like what you’re saying and the way in which by which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to stay it sensible. I cant wait to learn far more from you. This is really a wonderful web site.

2. this blog says:

I get pleasure from, result in I found just what I used to be taking a look for. You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

3. how to get an ipad free says:

Hello there, simply become aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you happen to proceed this in future. Many people will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

4. Renee Defibaugh says:

I do not needed read all people. i know . Did you reading Bible book every day. What Bible said. it is nothing. goc cannot help you win or other. God is not here. Jesus is not here. Where They live. You cannot see.
    Same my friend prayer for me get hearing. God cannot help me become hearing. It is not working. i am still deaf. God cant help me get hearing from deaf. You see Tim was played football saturday. Score 45 to 10 lost. Tim got lost. God cannot help. Big talk people about it wow.

5. Jacalyn Simpson says:

If god takes time to win a football game while leaving people to starve and suffer world wide, while allowing dictators to kill and destroy lives daily despite billions of frantic prayers, then it is no god at all and totally unworthy of worship.

6. Ben Lyons says:

Pray all you like but praying on TV stinks of showboating. As a confirmed atheist I usually keep my thoughts to myself but more and more I get Christianity shoved down my throat and I implore all religious zealots that as much I respect your beliefs are your own I do not want to hear them 24/7 Thank you

7. John Lieberman says:

As Augustinus said: You can’t prove His existance, and you can’t prove His non-existance. It’s a question of believing, not of knowing. What we all have to reject though is the idea of God intervening in our free choice. If we can’t choose freely, there is no way to sin, and we are all sinners, are we? All those frightful apocalyptics would indeed sit down on their backs and start wondering why on earth the end of times didn’t start with some mass slaughtering. Maybe some would even occasionally become normal citizens enjoying the music, the movies, good wine and good sex?

8. A Reasoner says:

The difference between belief in a lucky jockstrap and belief in an invisible man in the sky is the jockstrap provides supportive evidence.

9. tim teeblow says:

god helps teebow win huh, well looks like satan helps brady win and brady sent teebow and his god home with a sore butt lol.

10. Ryan says:

Reading this article and the comments has completely relieved me of any hope for the future of humanity and intellectual progression.

If there is a God, I hope he hurtles an asteroid at this nonsensical bunch of apes ASAP.

11. John says:

So God help Tebow… SO hes the only Christian in the entire NFL?

And he sure didn’t help him against New England. I guess this makes Brady the better Christian.

Do you people see how insane it is to think if there is a God that he’s actually picking a team?

12. Sue says:

Why won’t god heal amputees?

Because it is impossible.

All things are possible through prayer? lol

13. Lars says:

so in other words, God allowed an illegal play to be a touchdown? Only 6 were at the line, but that was OK with God right? It was not God who helped the Broncos win. I am sure the other team was praying they would win too. And meantime during the game, the players taunt each other, and this pleases God too right?

14. harviele says:

The fact is that God does not help Tebow. The idea of God and his faith helps him. God does not do anything for anyone. The idea of God and their faith does do things for them. When there is no hope one putting his faith in anything will help him have hope. The Number of people killed in the Name of Christianity? Hundreds of millions over 2000 years. The number of people killed in the name of Buddhism? Zero. Which is the better religion?

15. John says:

God could care less about football just as he could care less for the innocent children that are raped, beaten and killed by pedophiles, moms and dads.

16. William Hooper says:

God already knows who wins the game. He is not surprised, He doesn’t learn anything.. He controls every event almost always through His providence, not miracles. Yet….we are responsible for our actions. What we will and do matter in the outcome. A contradiction? Is it really a shock that we don’t fully comprehend God? What the Bible says about God is true. It actually describes the way things really are..

17. Martin says:

Look, once again, Atheists aren’t angry at a god that doesn’t exist nor are we angry at this guy Tebow. It’s actually fun to make fun of you religious people and we do it whenever we get the chance. You people are low hanging fruit to be picked and it’s just too damn funny! LMAO! The only people that are mad is the ones who want everyone to accept their imaginary god.

18. JOSE0311USMC says:

WHO IS TEBOW ?? EVERYWHERE I GO, ALL I HEAR IS TEBOW….IS TEBOW SOME TYPE OF GOD ???MAYBE I SHOULD START WATCHING T.V.

19. rex fortunatus says:

So many people, Christian or Atheist, seem to misunderstand.
    We (still) live in and are part of this “fallen” world of which even Jesus said that Satan is the prince of. That explains diseases, wars, murder etc. But some posting here who obviously are atheists, still blame Him for all the ills. Go figure. To those who do believe, it was Jesus’ sacrifice that meant that authority/ownership./title was given back to mankind to have control over one’s life. If things seem to be out of control, it is the lack of enforcement of that authority. Re. Tim Tibow, there is nothing wrong with acknowledging God and thanking Him for one’s success. But it bothers some people to see that, to be confronted with that, because their conscience nags at them. The very reason why some get so incredibly upset at him for showing his faith in God.

20. Dawn says:

I think its sick that God would care about football but allow a little boy to die of leukemia, ignoring the prayers of his parents, grandparents, and hundreds of others praying for him. I don’t get it.

1. A Great Mind says:

I don’t get it either. That’s proof the religious dogma was invented by primitive man. The religious don’t get it either. On one hand when good things happen, it’s attributed to their god, when bad things happen it’s the devils fault or doing. Then they say that their god is in charge of EVERYTHING and knows EVERYTHING. What we are dealing with is bronze age superstitions still hanging on in our modern world. It will take a while but these superstitions will be erased slowly. Reality and science for the win!

21. Dave Ranzetti says:

1. Tim has the right to believe and share that beleif.
    2. He’s a good athelet and rolemoedel
    3. the Anti-Christian posters are angry, meanspirited, insulting, closed-minded and sounded threatened. The Pro Tebow/Christians are reasonable, kindhearted, polite and pray for the first. I’ll take the latter.
    4. Know one knows the mid of God. Maybe he lends a hand to promote his son maybe he does’nt. (I’ll ask him when I see him)
    Keep it civil folks. You belittle only yourself with anger and insult.
    Have a nice day
    GBA

22. dave says:

Wow sooo much anger and insults because a man chooses to believe AND live that belief. Facts
    1. Tim has the right to believe and share that beleif.
    2. He’s a good athelet and rolemoedel
    Keep it civil folks. You belittle only yourself with anger and insult.
    Have a nice day

23. slobo says:

If we are borne in the image of the Creator, then we all possess the ability to create. We can create good things or bad things in our brief lives. I see no reason why The Creator could not be a football fan, given The Creator is a living and intelligent Being, and enjoys “his” creations very much, much the same as we do!

24. Kevin McGill says:

Okay…God helps one team defeat the other. So that means God is condemning the other (the losing team) to a loss.

What did the losing team do to deserve this? Was it a fan of the opposing team that turned God’s favor away and tipped His Blessings to the Broncos?

People who embellish on the “Tebow phenomenon” to glorify God basically trivialize God just as anyone taking God’s name…or using God’s name in vain would condemn themselves.

Want to glorify God? Turn off the TV football game, the computer, gather your family and go help out at a charity.

25. Codex says:

So, at least 43% of Americans are brainwashed idiots, unable to question what they have been indoctrinated with, and unable to consider alternative possibilities. Who would have thought it? Oh, wait… ;)

1. rex fortunatus says:

You speak of atheist who have been brainwashed?

26. AthensGuy says:

What a miserable, vain and selfish god. Allows millions to die of disease, famine and wars; starves children and allow for their abuse, but will help Tebow score. What a fake.

27. John Roberts says: