DENVER (CBS4) – A volunteer at the Denver Zoo was rushed to the hospital Friday after being bitten by an alligator.

The incident happened just before noon as the worker was getting ready for a special educational presentation. It didn’t happen in front of anyone.

The 4 foot long alligator, named Bog, bit the volunteer on the hand. The volunteer apparently wasn’t following proper procedure when the incident happened.

“He used incorrect judgment in where was placing his hands, allowing the gator to swing back and nip his hand,” Sean Andersen-Vie with the Denver Zoo said.

The volunteer will likely be getting stitches.

The zoo resumed normal operations shortly afterwards.


Leave a Reply