Sports Towns: Denver Vs. Cleveland
- Number Of Major Pro TeamsDenver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rockies, Denver NuggetsCleveland Browns, Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavaliers
- NFL SuccessDenver BroncosCleveland Browns
- ChampionshipsThe late 1990s-early 2000s were very good for Denver fans, who previous to that time had never seen one of their pro teams win it all during the modern era. The Broncos won the Super Bowl in 1997 and 1998. The Colorado Avalanche won the Stanley Cup in 1996 and again in 2001.Nothing since 1964
- NFL QBPeyton Manning frequently comes up in the conversation about best quarterbacks in the history of professional football.Brian Hoyer looked great before he was injured last year and Johnny Manziel is a rookie with huge potential.
- NFL StadiumSports Authority Field at Mile High has excellent amenities and can give opposing teams fits with it's location one mile above sea level.FirstEnergy Stadium, which lies right on Lake Erie, is currently going through renovations to make the game day experience even more exciting for the fans.
- Food & DrinkAt the sports bars, Denver is the place to be if you want great beer to go with your game-watching experience. It's home to Coors, and Colorado's Front Range has several of the country's most popular microbreweries, including New Belgium and Oscar Blues.Michael Symon, Rocco Whalen and Jonathon Sawyer are just a few people who have put Cleveland on the map when it comes to fine dining. The Great Lakes Brewing Company's Christmas Ale is always a fan favorite during the wintertime when watching games.
- NicknameMile High CityC-town, Forest City, The North Shore, The Mistake By The Lake
- College SportsIt's been a long time since college football in the state of Colorado made any major waves nationally. The basketball teams are getting better, and DU has great hockey and lacrosse.Cleveland has some claim on the Ohio State University Buckeyes in Columbus to the south, but the college sports scene can't really be described as thriving.
- Major League BaseballThe Rockies haven't made it to the playoffs since 2009.The Cleveland Indians last year made it to the playoffs as a wild card.
There may be a day when Johnny Football is dominating the headlines and has the Browns competing for Super Bowls, but that day certainly is not here. Until Peyton Manning retires, Denver is the hands down winner over Cleveland every time.