The mass shooting at an Aurora movie theater on July 20, 2012, left 12 dead and dozens more injured. See a timeline of events in the case and the trial.
A federal judge has set a trial date in July 2016 for several civil cases filed by survivors of the Aurora theater shooting and relatives of those who were killed.
A man called as a potential juror in the Colorado mass shooting case has notified the judge that his son was in the theater the night.
It’s now up to a jury to decide whether or not the Century 16 Theater should have been more prepared for the mass shooting two years ago.
The judge in the deadly Colorado theater shootings said Friday that if he accepts James Holmes’ insanity plea next week, he will hear arguments about whether prosecutors can see a notebook that Holmes sent to a psychiatrist.
A federal judge has declined to dismiss wrongful death and liability claims filed against Cinemark USA, the company that owns the Colorado theater where 12 people were shot to death last summer.
A federal magistrate judge is recommending the dismissal of some of the negligence and wrongful death claims filed against the owner of the Colorado movie theater where a gunman killed 12, but he says other claims can continue.
One survivor had to pause on his way into the theater and pray. Another braced for flashbacks as he entered the auditorium where 12 people died and dozens were injured during a massacre six months earlier. Others refused to come, viewing the reopening of the multiplex as insensitive.
The Colorado theater where 12 people were killed and dozens injured in a shooting rampage last year reopened Thursday with a somber remembrance ceremony and a screening of the latest “Hobbit” film for survivors — but the pain was too much, the idea too horrific, for many Aurora victims to attend.
The Century Aurora theater reopened to shooting survivors and victims’ families with a special remembrance ceremony on Thursday evening.