Suzanne is a general assignment reporter with a penchant for consumer stories. She grew up in California but now calls Colorado her permanent home. She has three children who are quick to say they almost never watch their mother on TV.
Born in Dayton, Ohio, Suzanne’s family moved to California and she grew up in the Bay Area with a blossoming interest in writing. She earned a BA from Stanford University and became an executive speechwriter for IBM in San Jose.
Suzanne made the transition into television when she accepted a job as a sports reporter in Pocatello, Idaho. She then went on to become a news reporter for KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
In June of 1982, Suzanne joined the staff at CBS4 in Denver as a reporter, after hearing about KCNC’s “great reputation.” She says she was happy to be moving to such a wonderful city in a competitive market.
For Suzanne, the best thing about reporting is the variety that it offers and the opportunity it affords for her to continue writing. The worst is interviewing victims of tragedies or crime.
Suzanne enjoys time with her three children, taking advantage of all the activities that Colorado offers.
Just The Facts
- • Favorite musician: Norah Jones & The Fray
• Favorite author: Tobias Wolff & Wallace Stegner
• Favorite story: All my “Pay It Forward” stories
• Most memorable interview: Riverboat captain on the Mississippi
• Why I am a journalist: I can ask people lots of questions.
• Year hired: Many moons ago
• Dream job: Neonatologist
• First story: Cow disease
• Role model: My cousin Debbie
• Hidden talent: Still searching for one
• Alma Mater: Stanford
• Hometown: Los Altos, Calif.
• Number of children: Three
• Number of siblings: Three
• Hobbies: My children
• Favorite food: Anything my sister Christina cooks
• Favorite sports team: My children’s school
• Favorite vacation spot: Beach
• Dream interview: Any successful author
• Star sign: Aquarius
• Least favorite household chore: Cooking
• Favorite word: Delightful
• Least favorite word: Bored
• Favorite noise: Laughing children
• Least favorite noise: Leaf blower
• What’s on your iPod? Whatever my children download for me
• What keeps you in Colorado? Lifestyle, weather, friends, mountains
• What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken? Getting into TV news
• Who would play you in a movie? No idea!
Send A Message To Suzanne
- 5 Years Ago: Windsor Tornado Apartment Fire In Fort Collins Greeley Freight Station Museum Rockies 5, Giants 0
- Colfax Marathon USOC Olympic Training Center... Making Strides Against Breast... Buckner Funken Jazz
- Colorado Mug Shots Flash Forward: Concept Cars... CBS4 Newscasters' Dogs Prince Harry Visits Colorado
- Broncos Rookie Minicamp Clear Creek Zipline Colorado Rockies 2013 YouReport Gallery, Spring 2013