Connect with Mark on Facebook
Follow Mark on Twitter
Send Mark An Email
Mark Taylor joined the CBS4 news team as the Weekend Morning Anchor in September, 2013. He’s thrilled to call himself a Denverite!
Prior to moving to Colorado, Mark served as an anchor and reporter in Oklahoma City where he was one of the first reporters on the scene after a rare and deadly EF-5 tornado tore through the town of Moore, Oklahoma. He also covered the aftermath of the biggest tornado in history, a 2.6 mile wide twister that struck less than two weeks later.
In addition to storm chasing, Mark’s investigative reporting revealed mistakes made by the Oklahoma City animal shelter and the accidental euthanization of a family’s dog. His work led to new policies and procedures in how the shelter takes in animals.
Mark also worked in news in Western Oregon, where he reported live from the Oregon coast during the 2011 Tsunami in Japan. His work in Oregon was recognized by the Associated Press for Best Hard News Reporting.
Mark was born and raised in Phoenix, but his parents hail from Toronto, Canada, and he holds dual citizenship. He is a graduate of Arizona State University. He also studied meteorology at Mississippi State University.
In his free time Mark is a runner, reader and unapologetic pug owner.
Just The Facts
• Position: Weekend Morning Anchor
• Year hired: 2013
• Hometown: Phoenix, AZ
• Role model: My father
• Dream job: Working in news.
• Hobbies: Travel, Read, Run.
• Star sign: Aquarius
• First story: An eyeless cat that had adopted 3 kittens as her own.
• Why I am journalist: Love to hear the stories of the people around me.
• Hidden talent: I can wiggle my ears.
• Favorite food: Peanut butter, I can’t keep it in the house!
• Number of siblings: 3 older sisters
• Number of pets: 1, Paige the pug
• What one word best describes CBS4: Hardworking
• Favorite word: Veto
• What’s on your iPod? You mean my zune?
• What keeps you in Colorado? The amazing city of Denver.
• What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken? Moving away from home after college to pursue news.
• Who would play you in a movie? Meryl Streep, she can do anything.