Connect with Lauren on Facebook
Follow Lauren on Twitter
Send Ed An Email
CBS4–KCNC-TV’s northern newsroom reporter Lauren DiSpirito joined the station in January 2014 and covers breaking news and interesting feature stories along the Front Range.
Prior to joining the CBS4 news team, Lauren served as a reporter and video journalist for WBBH-TV and WVZN-TV in Fort Myers, Florida. During her time in Florida, Lauren covered the region’s island communities, reporting on the devastating effects of tropical storms, uncovering problems with a multi-million dollar drawbridge project and following the environmental impacts of Florida’s controversial water management practices.
Prior to reporting in Florida, Lauren served as a reporter and multimedia journalist at 13WMAZ in Macon, Georgia. While in Macon, Lauren covered stories that gained national attention, including the 2009 allegations of sexual assault against Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and the long awaited return of The Allman Brothers Band to their former home at “The Big House.” Lauren also covered education and local government in Central Georgia. She began her broadcast journalism career as an assignment editor for WCAU-TV in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and as a production assistant at NBC 10.
Lauren is a graduate of Villanova University in Villanova, Pennsylvania. During college, she studied abroad in Florence, Italy and Sydney, Australia, where she spent time with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
A New Jersey native, Lauren now lives in Fort Collins, Colorado. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading, skiing and spending time with family and friends.
If you have a story idea, Lauren would love to hear from you!
Just The Facts
• Year Hired: 2014
• Alma Mater: Villanova University
• Most memorable interview: Greg Allman, inside “The Big House”
• Role model: My parents, and Lu Ann Cahn
• Job you would never attempt: Sky diving instructor
• First TV appearance: As a child, I was interviewed about shopping in Newport, Rhode Island. I told the reporter I was shopping for Pogs to add to my collection.
• Favorite story: Jane Haddock, who at 93, continued to single-handedly run her own Central Georgia cattle farm
• Hometown: Moorestown, NJ
• Number of siblings: 3
• Number of pets: 1, Rocco, the pug
• Favorite sports team: Villanova Wildcats Basketball
• Favorite author: Malcolm Gladwell
• Favorite vacation spot: Captiva Island, Florida