As News Operations Manager, Montgomery manages CBS4’s news gathering team at the assignment desk. He also coordinates and plans field coverage of major events.
Montgomery has also worked in El Paso, Texas, Albuquerque, N.M., Harrisburg, Penn., Davenport Iowa, Minneapolis, and Milwaukee. Montgomery says he hopes Denver will be his last TV market. In his career, Montgomery has been a photographer, special projects producer and has worked the assignment desk.
He has several journalism awards, including the Colorado Black Journalist of the Year Award. Montgomery has been married to his wife Jacque for more than 20 years and has 2 children, Aaron and Morgan. He comes from a large Southern family with 12 other siblings.
“My news philosophy is simple — to cover the news accurately, fairly, thoroughly and to educate, inform and sometimes entertain viewers,” Montgomery said.
Just The Facts
- • Position: Assignment Manager
• What one word best describes CBS4: Class
• Why I am journalist: Excitement – no day is routine!
• Year hired: 1996
• Most memorable interview: Bill Cosby
• Dream interview: Beyonce
• Hometown: Birmingham, Ala.
• Star sign: Libra
• Number of children: Two
• Number of siblings: 12
• Hobbies: Golf, coaching kids’ sports
• Favorite food: Chicken and pasta
• Favorite sports team: Dallas Cowboys
• Favorite musician: Isley Brothers
• Favorite vacation spot: New Mexico
• Dream job: Dallas Cowboys quarterback
• Job you would never attempt: Military
• Alma Mater: Sul Ross State University
• Number of pets: One
• Favorite authors: Toni Morrison, Margaret Blair Young
• Least favorite household chore: Laundry
• Favorite word: Triumph
• Least favorite word: Quit
• Favorite noise: The sound of my car starting on Friday afternoon for the drive home
• Least favorite noise: Car backfires
• What’s on your iPod? Isley Brothers, Peter Gabriel, Akon, Red Hot Chili Peppers
• What keeps you in Colorado? Weather, people, schools
• What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken? I rode the rollercoaster at Elitch’s (once)
• Who would play in a movie? Michael Clark Duncan