During his time in the mountains, he enjoyed interviewing ski superstars Lindsey Vonn and Mikaela Shiffrin, and has reported a number of important stories across the Western Slope and beyond.
Jeff has helped cover wildfires throughout the state, and was the only TV reporter in Estes Park during the flooding of 2013. He says he had the most fun on air during his “Driving to the Championship” assignment in 2014 when he drove across the country before the Denver Broncos played the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII. The 2015 World Alpine Ski Championships at Beaver Creek were another of his reporting highlights.
Before joining CBS4 Jeff reported throughout the Southwest, covering the panhandles of Texas and Oklahoma at KFDA-TV and reporting throughout New Mexico for KRQE-TV.
“Returning to Colorado is a dream come true,” Jeff said. “Though I was born in Los Angeles, I am a proud graduate of the CU School of Journalism and Mass Communication and love telling stories from throughout Colorado. I’m excited for the new challenge ahead on the Front Range.”
In his free time, if he’s not watching futbol or football, you’ll find Jeff on the slopes. He’s snowboarded at every resort in the state.
Just The Facts
- Who would play you in a movie? A Rogan, either Seth or Joe
- Most Memorable Interview: T. Boone Pickens dodging my questions
- Dream Interview: The President
- Dream job: Lakers Sideline Reporter
- Job you would never attempt: Anything involving a cubicle
- Alma mater: CU
- Year hired: 2011
- First TV appearance: CBS4 on a story about high calorie foods. I was an intern, and had to eat all these appetizers and desserts that were each over 2,000 calories.
- Why I’m a journalist: There’s nothing else I’ve wanted to do in my life. Getting out and telling interesting stories is the best job in the world.
- Hometown: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- Favorite food: pizza with french fries on the side
- Favorite sports team: USC Trojan Football
- Word that best describes CBS4: Professional
- Favorite word: Gnarly
- Least favorite word: “Hecka”
- Favorite noise: My iPhone text message horn
- Least favorite noise: late night phone calls from bosses
- What keeps you in Colorado: The mountains
- Biggest risk you’ve taken: Flew in a T-38 out of Holloman AFB