CBS4 welcomed a new Mountain Newsroom reporter in October, 2011.
Jeff Todd joined the news team from CBS affiliate KRQE-TV in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he was a general assignment reporter after having served as the Roswell Bureau reporter.
Previously, Jeff worked as a reporter and anchor at the CBS affiliate, KFDA-TV, in Amarillo, Texas where he covered the panhandle regions of Texas and Oklahoma.
“Returning to Colorado is a dream come true,” Jeff said. “Though I was born in Los Angeles, I am a proud graduate of the CU School of Journalism and Mass Communication and I’m excited for the opportunity to tell stories from throughout Colorado’s High Country.”
In his free time, if he’s not watching football, you’ll find Jeff trying to snowboard every resort in the state.
Just The Facts
- Who would play you in a movie? A Rogan, either Seth or Joe
- Most Memorable Interview: T. Boone Pickens dodging my questions
- Dream Interview: The President
- Dream job: Lakers Sideline Reporter
- Job you would never attempt: Anything involving a cubicle
- Alma mater: CU
- Year hired: 2011
- First TV appearance: CBS 4 on a story about high calorie foods. I was an intern, and had to eat all these appetizers and desserts that were each over 2,000 calories.
- Why I’m a journalist: There’s nothing else I’ve wanted to do in my life. Getting out and telling interesting stories is the best job in the world.
- Hometown: Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
- Favorite food: pizza with french fries on the side
- Favorite sports team: USC Trojan Football
- Word that best describes CBS4: Professional
- Favorite word: Gnarly
- Least favorite word: “Hecka”
- Favorite noise: My iPhone text message horn
- Least favorite noise: late night phone calls from bosses
- What keeps you in Colorado: The mountains
- Biggest risk you’ve taken: Flew in a T-38 out of Holloman AFB