Gary Croshaw began his television career in Laredo, Texas, where after serving in the United States Coast Guard was hired as a news anchor, photographer and reporter in 1977.One year later Gary was hired in El Paso as the sports weekend anchor and weekday news reporter. It was November of 1979 when Gary came to CBS4 then known as KOA-TV/radio to open the northern Colorado bureau in Fort Collins as a reporter/photographer.
Since then Gary has won numerous awards including 2 Emmies for his reporting and photography. He is now a full time photojournalist for CBS4 working in the northern newsroom. Gary was born in Massachusetts in 1952. But, he spent his formative and school years in San Antonio, Texas.
Just The Facts
• Year hired: 1979
• Most memorable interview: Colorado Senator Gary Hart
• Dream interview: Abraham Lincoln
• Dream Job: I may just have it
• First story: Fatal traffic accident in Texas
• Role model: My older brothers and sister
• Why I am a journalist: To be a part of history
• Hometown: San Antonio, TX
• Star sign: Taurus
• Number of children: One daughter
• Number of siblings: Six
• Hobbies: Playing in a rock ‘n roll band, golf, snorkeling in Mexico and camping
• Favorite sports team: Denver Broncos
• Favorite musician: Eric Clapton
• Favorite vacation spot: Akumal, Mexico
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 5 Years Ago: Windsor Tornado Apartment Fire In Fort Collins Greeley Freight Station Museum
- Rockies 5, Giants 0 Colfax Marathon USOC Olympic Training Center... Making Strides Against Breast...
- Buckner Funken Jazz Colorado Mug Shots Flash Forward: Concept Cars... CBS4 Newscasters' Dogs
- Prince Harry Visits Colorado Broncos Rookie Minicamp Clear Creek Zipline Colorado Rockies 2013