Evrod Cassimy joined CBS4 News in August 2011 as an Anchor/Reporter. He’s more than excited to be back in Colorado.
Evrod started his television news career in Grand Junction, Colorado at KJCT News 8. Since then he’s worked in Madison, Wisconsin, Orlando, Florida, and Richmond, Virginia, before making his way to Denver.
During college is when Evrod’s love for journalism really took off. He studied at Columbia College Chicago, in a city he also calls home. Evrod has covered a number of different stories throughout his career.
While in Orlando he covered the Casey Anthony case, reporting live during the search for her daughter. While working in Richmond, Evrod earned the title of “Award-Winning Journalist” winning the Virginia Associated Press Award for “Best Coverage of Breaking News” in 2010.
His favorite interviews and stories are ones that impact the viewers at home.
Evrod’s name is unique to his heritage. His parents are from the Caribbean island of Trinidad and Tobago. He lives in Denver with his wife and son. He enjoys the mountain scenery while living the big city life.
Just The Facts
• Year Hired: 2011
Alma mater: Columbia College Chicago
• Favorite TV show: Entourage
• Favorite movie: Love and Basketball, The Town, Drumline and Austin Powers 3
• Why I’m a journalist: I love telling stories
• Hometown: Chicago
• Least favorite sound: Alarm clock going off
• Star Sign: Virgo
• Favorite food: Cheese Pizza, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo and Cinnabon
• Favorite vacation spot: Malibu, California
• What I like about Colorado? The view!
• Hidden Talent: I love writing music
• Least favorite household chore: Putting away laundry
• What one word best describes CBS4: Professional
Send A Message To Evrod