Ed Greene, CBS4 weather and news anchor, is the senior member of Denver’s working media and has been a Denver TV Newscaster for nearly 40 years. Ed says he loves his job and Colorado’s always-changing weather.
Though Ed was born and raised on Long Island, he has called Colorado home since the early 1970s. His first on-air broadcast journalism job was in radio at KIMN in 1972. Ed began appearing on television, in addition to his radio reporting, in 1976 as weather and news anchor at KMGH. He joined CBS4 in 1981 and has worked with the crew at CBS4 for most of his broadcast career.
Ed is one of the most recognizable and involved TV personalities in the community. In fact, he donates his time to emcee 60 to 70 events a year for local non-profit organizations and is a prominent figure at many local functions.
When asked about his involvement Ed says, “I feel a responsibility to give back to the community. Doing that is what has kept me going all these years. The community has been good to me and in return I donate my time so that local non-profit organizations can raise money and awareness for good causes. I feel it’s the right thing to do.”
In rain, shine, sleet or snow, you’ll find Ed Greene on CBS4 newscasts at 5, 6 and 10 p.m.
Ed enjoys spending his free time with his wife Barbara, and his three children.
Just The Facts
• Favorite story: Flew through thunderstorms
• What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken? Bungee jumped from a hot air ballon
• Why I am a journalist: It’s different every day!
• Most memorable interview: Jimmy Carter, Duchess of York
• Year hired: 1981 first time, 2001 second time
• First TV appearance: January 1976
• Dream interview: David Letterman
• Dream job: Pro golfer
• First weathercast: Weekend weathercast at $25 a show!
• Role model: My Dad
• Hidden talent: Play a little piano
• Alma Mater: Monmouth College
• Hometown: Long Island, NY
• Star sign: Gemini
• Number of children: Three
• Number of siblings: Two
• Hobbies: Photography, gardening
• Favorite food: Steak, chocolate
• Favorite sports teams: Yankees, Broncos
• Favorite musician: Frank Sinatra, Garth Brooks
• Favorite author: Larry McMurty
• Favorite vacation spot: Santa Fe, N.M.
• What one word best describes CBS4: Teamwork
• Least favorite household chore: Cleaning the cat box
• Favorite word: Salsa
• Favorite noise: Frying bacon
• Least favorite noise: Sirens
• What’s on your iPod? I don’t have one, but I listen to XM satellite radio
• What keeps you in Colorado? What doesn’t?
• Who would play you in a movie? Someone who desperately needs the money!