CBS4 Producer Doug Whitehead is known for his award-winning photojournalism as well as for his Colorado travel expertise. As co-author of “Colorado’s Best,” a guidebook to great places to see and fun things to do, and producer of Colorado Getaways, a half-hour program that covered all corners of the State, he has always been on the lookout for stories that might be interest to CBS4 viewers.
Doug has produced many CBS4 stories over the years — and continues to work as a photographer for CBS4 — but he is best known for his award-winning work as the producer of Colorado Getaways, with more than 20 seasons under Doug’s direction. Colorado Getaways began as a seasonal travel special in the late 1980s and gained a reputation as the television authority on Colorado outdoors activities, historical places and things to do.
Doug wrote, produced and voiced many episodes himself on the show. He worked hard to ensure that Colorado Getaways covered all corners of Colorado, including famous spots like the Great Sand Dunes and Rocky Mountain National Park, but he always kept an eye out for lesser-known and out-of-the-way places.
Just The Facts
- Year hired: 1981
- Alma Mater: Western State College of Colorado
- Hometown: St. Louis
- Number of children: Two daughters
- Favorite musician: James Taylor
- Favorite author: John Steinbeck
Send A Message To Doug
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... 5 Years Ago: Windsor Tornado Apartment Fire In Fort Collins Greeley Freight Station Museum
- Rockies 5, Giants 0 Colfax Marathon USOC Olympic Training Center... Making Strides Against Breast...
- Buckner Funken Jazz Colorado Mug Shots Flash Forward: Concept Cars... CBS4 Newscasters' Dogs
- Prince Harry Visits Colorado Broncos Rookie Minicamp Clear Creek Zipline Colorado Rockies 2013