He has a passion for finding the hidden stories, exposing corruption and breaking local news.
Growing up in Aurora, Dillon began his journalism career at Smoky Hill High School. Before he enrolled at Colorado State University in Fort Collins he shadowed CBS4 anchor Jim Benemann. It was then that he decided broadcast news was for him.
Dillon interned at CBS4 in college and later graduated with a bachelor’s degree in journalism and technical communications, with a minor in political science.
After college, Dillon worked in Fayetteville, Arkansas. He reported several weeknights, and anchored during the weekends. Dillon returned to Denver to join the CBS4 team in October of 2016.
He has covered news in Colorado, Arkansas and at The White House. He also served as a social media blogger, covering the NBA’s Denver Nuggets.
Dillon is a Heartland Emmy nominated journalist, a CSU “Cammy” Award winner and the recipient of the Denver Press Club’s Damon Runyon Storytelling Award. He was recognized at the Denver Press Club’s 2014 gala alongside national Runyon Award winner Katie Couric.
During his free time, Dillon can be found playing basketball, watching the NBA, rooting for the Denver Broncos or scanning through social media.
Dillon believes everyone has a story, let him tell yours!
Just The Facts
• Position: Reporter
• Year hired: 2016
• Alma Mater: Colorado State University, Fort Collins
• Why I am journalist: It allows me to meet so many people, and see many places, while not being confined to a cubical!
• Role models: My parents
• Dream job: This! Reporting for CBS4 Denver!
• Job you would never attempt: Reptile handler, because I am not fond of snakes!
• Hidden talent: Tasteful sarcasm
• Hometown: Aurora
• Hobbies: Spending time with friends, playing basketball and watching NBA basketball/the Broncos!
• Favorite food: Grandma’s green chili, Grandmother’s banana pudding or my Mom’s baked beans!
• Number of siblings: Two older sisters, and their husbands
• Number of pets: One, my puppy Champ
• Favorite sports team: Denver Nuggets or Denver Broncos
• What one word best describes CBS4: Dedicated
• Least favorite household chore: Cleaning the shower
• Favorite word: Yay!
• Favorite noise: Genuine laughter
• Least favorite noise: Loud chewing/swallowing
• Favorite music: Everything! Rock, rap, classic, gospel and country
• What keeps you in Colorado? Family
• What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken? Following blind intuition and moving to Arkansas for a job without visiting before. (So glad I did!)