Chris has always been interested in weather and received his Bachelor of Science degree in meteorology from Metropolitan State University. In December 2013, he also earned a Master of Science in geosciences and applied meteorology from Mississippi State University.
He started his broadcast journalism career as a news anchor and traffic reporter for Newsradio 850KOA and continued on as a weather producer at KMGH-TV, and then a morning show producer at KDVR-TV.
Chris is actively involved with the national Community Collaborative Rain, Hail and Snow Network (CoCoRaHS) based at Colorado State University. He writes a bi-monthly newsletter for the CoCoRaHS community in Colorado.
He also teaches a weather and climate class each semester at his alma mater, Metropolitan State University in Denver.
As a native of Little Rock, Arkansas, Chris considers Colorado home and has been here since 2000. When not at work or following the weather, Chris loves to do projects around his house and enjoys his three dogs; Basset Hounds Samson and Lucy Lu and Daisy Mae the Daschund.
Just The Facts
• Position: Weather Producer/Meteorologist
• Year hired: 2014
• Alma Mater: Metropolitan State University (Denver)
• Dream job: This!! (My dream since I was four-years-old!)
• Job you would never attempt: Brain surgeon
• Star sign: Pisces
• Hidden talent: I have a green thumb and can sing
• Hometown: North Little Rock, Arkansas
• Hobbies: Home/yard improvement, traveling
• Favorite food: Pizza
• Number of siblings: 4
• Number of pets: 3
• Favorite vacation spot: Anywhere I can unplug and enjoy nature, I am not picky!
• What one word best describes CBS4: Team
• Least favorite household chore: Dishes
• Favorite word: Awesome
• Least favorite words: Can’t, Won’t, Don’t
• Favorite noise: Thunder
• Least favorite noise: Sirens and screeching tires
• What’s on your iPod? Something from every genre and every decade
• What keeps you in Colorado? The weather, people and endless things to do!
• What’s the biggest risk you’ve taken? Deciding to get a master’s degree and taking the next career step