Brooke Rogers is thrilled to be a part of the CBS4 News Team, which she joined as a reporter in August 2009. Prior to her move to the Mile High City, Brooke had served as a reporter for CBS affiliate KTVT in Dallas since 2005. Before that, she was a reporter for KENS in San Antonio and an anchor/reporter for WIVT in Binghamton, New York, as well as a writer for New York 1 News in New York City.
The journalism bug bit Brooke early in her life when she began working for the Boston Herald at age 17, earning bylines as a features reporter. She holds an undergraduate degree in Political Science and History from Duke University and a Master’s degree in Broadcast Journalism from the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. During college, she interned at WBZ-TV in Boston and the London offices of Time Magazine and People Magazine.
Brooke is known for her award-winning journalism and has covered many major stories, including Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, the Hurricane Rita Bus Fire hearings on Capitol Hill, the Columbia Space Shuttle disaster in Houston, the Iraq war, Texas floods and an exclusive interview with a Death Row inmate hours before his scheduled execution. She was honored for her Enterprise Reporting in 2002 by the New York State Associated Press Broadcasters Association.
A native of Boston, Brooke enjoys skiing, playing tennis, traveling, rooting for her Duke Blue Devils, and exploring the Colorado High Country with her husband and two sons.
- Year Hired: 2009
- Role model: my parents
- Alma mater: Duke University
- Favorite TV show: The Good Wife
- Favorite movie: Forrest Gump
- Favorite Story: An interview with a little girl whose life was saved by an organ donation
- Why I’m a journalist: I love to meet new people, write and tell stories
- Hometown: Boston
- Number of pets: two white Labs
- Star Sign: Gemini
- First story: Snow in upstate New York on Columbus Day
- Favorite sports team: Duke Blue Devils, Boston Red Sox
- Favorite food: Spaghetti, anything sweet
- Favorite vacation spot: Cabo
- Job would you never attempt: Skydiving instructor
- What’s on your iPod? Everything from Frank Sinatra to Carrie Underwood
- What keeps you in Colorado? What’s not to love?